Welcome to SHV
SHV originated in 1896 in the Netherlands from a merger between a number of large coal trading companies, some of which had been active since the 18th century. After the decline of coal as the primary source of energy, halfway through the twentieth century, SHV moved into other business areas.
Today SHV is a family-owned multinational whose entrepreneurship is reflected in its range of operations:
- trade in and distribution of LPG (SHV Energy)
- cash-and-carry wholesale (Makro)
- heavy lifting and transport solutions (Mammoet)
- industrial services (ERIKS)
- animal nutrition and fish feed (Nutreco)
- exploration and production of oil and gas (Dyas)
- provision of private equity (NPM Capital)
To learn more about SHV, its philosophy and its activities please explore this site.
Facts & Figures
It is not the products, but the people who determine the success of our organisation. ... read more >
SHV Energy supports rural communities
Did you know that over 50% of European citizens live in rural areas? They occupy over ... read more >
ERIKS is a leading innovative industrial products and services provider with a focus on ... read more >